Celebration Village, a proposed retirement community on 61.8 acres near the Epps Bridge Home Depot,
has two public hearings for its rezone request.
The Planning Commission will give a recommendation on whether to approve a rezone from zoning district Agriculture to Office Institutional Professional at its Tuesday, Jan. 21 meeting, which starts at 7 p.m.
The Board of Commissioners will then hear the arguments of both supporters and opponents at its Feb. 4 meeting, which starts at 6 p.m. Both meetings will be at the Oconee County Courthouse in the BOC Chambers.
A total of 398 residential units are planned over the course of two phases.
Phase one would consist of the following:
- Two three-story buildings, totaling 104 units.
- A three-story assisted living and memory care building, totaling 96 units.
- Two four-story independent living buildings, totaling 80 units.
- Independent living cottages, totaling 32 units.
- A 27,167-square-foot social club with entertainment and dining options.
- Outdoor amenities, including a swimming pool, putting green, bocce courts and lake pavilion.
- One-story medical office building.
Phase two would consist of 43 independent living duplex buildings, totaling 86 units, as well as outdoor amenities, such as a second swimming pool, pool cabana, pickle ball courts and nature trails. .
For more on this story, see the Jan. 16 edition of The Oconee Enterprise, on sale now at convenience stores and grocery stores and newspaper boxes throughout Oconee County. To subscribe, call (706) 769-5175 or visit the tab on our website.