Annie Jane Patrick Savage, 84, of Watkinsville, passed away on the morning of January 12, 2021. She was the daughter of the late Juliette Montgomery and Guy H. Patrick. She is preceded in death by her husband, Marvin Savage; her son, Wyman Savage; her daughter, Teresa Adams; her sisters: Matilda Adams and Rosella Hansford; and her brother, Hinton Patrick. She worked at Benson’s Bakery (Bogart Branch) for 18 seasons, kept children in her home daycare for over 50 years, and was a member of the Briarwood Baptist Church. As a lifelong caregiver and daycare owner, she touched many lives through her servant's heart. Survivors include her son, Mark Savage (Gay); her daughter, Andrea Fairbanks (David); son in law, Stan Adams; grandchildren: Patrick Adams (Laci), Juliette Browning (Tyson), Joanna Boswell (Chris), Andrew Savage (Kristin), Amanda Dalton (Jeremy), Alan Michael Savage, Savannah Jane Fairbanks, Zane Fairbanks and Traci Gettys; 10 great grandchildren: Haven Adams; Amelia and Hinton Dalton; Brooklyn and Raelyn Browning; Myles, Brooks, and Annie Boswell; McKynnlie and Madelynn Savage and other loved ones. Funeral services were held January 15, 2021, at Briarwood Baptist Church. Interment followed at Johnson United Methodist Church Cemetery. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Briarwood Baptist Church Building Fund or to Johnson United Methodist Church Cemetery Fund. Lord and Stephens Funeral Home, WEST, is in charge of arrangements. www.lordandstephens.com. Full obituary and photo, can be seen in the January 21 print edition of The Oconee Enterprise due to deadline restrictions.
- Extended by popular demand – Athens on Ice is here through February 15!
- OCHS wrestling coach Yauck earns 300th victory
- Planning Commission recommends denial of rezone for shopping center anchored by Publix
- Spartans beat Prince Avenue in close game
- Lady Lions defeat Trinity Prep
- Vaccine available to some
- AOTW: Garrington becomes NOHS boys all-time leading scorer
- Titans outlast Warriors in close game